IP stands for Ingress Protection
Ingress protection shields equipment inside an enclosure against solid objects, dust and water. Varying degrees of protection are represented by a numeric system known as IP ratings. This system follows the format IP## where ## is a combination of numerals. The first digit following IP identifies the level of protection against solid objects, including dust. The second digit is the level of protection against various forms of moisture.
|Ingress Protection||First digit: Protection against solids||Second digit: Protection against moisture|
IP Rating Examples, Explained
The below list of IP ratings is organized from the highest level of ingress protection to the lowest.
|IP69K||Dust tight and withstands high-pressure, high-temperature water (K designates resistance to high-pressure water)|
|IP68||Dust tight and protects against water while submerged at 15 meters deep|
|IP67||Dust tight and protects against water while submerged at one meter deep|
|IP66*||Dust tight and protects against high-pressure water projected from any direction|
|IP65||Dust tight and protects against low-pressure water projected from any direction|
|IP64||Dust tight and protects against splashed water|
|*NEMA Type 4 and Type 4X are equivalent to IP66|
How are Associated Scale Products IP Rated?
Associated Scale works with many manufacturers that offers a full line of weighing and measurement equipment designed to meet the unique requirements of IP applications.
Associated Scale can provide checkweighers, bench scales, floor scales, balances and more for applications requiring washdown or sanitary conditions, such as food and chemical processing facilities, laboratories and medical environments. Visit our products page for more information.
RoughDeck® QC-X Quick Clean Extreme Solid Base Plate Floor Scale
- Rugged washdown design, rigid 304 stainless steel frame constructed with continuous welds
- Manual drop-in-place safety bars
- Four stainless steel, welded seal IP69K, shear-beam load cells
- 20 ft of hostile environment cable for connecting junction box to indicator
- Remote stainless steel NEMA Type 4X junction box can be mounted up to 15 ft away
- Four adjustable stainless steel support feet
- Top plate opens 75 degrees
- Top plate available with a smooth deck or diamond treadplate